Friday, March 30, 2012

Not a valid MSX account.

I just realized my subject line is too LONG! Re-posting
with shorter line. Sorry all...I won't double-post again!
Hello.
I am studying the MS Press book for SQL Server 2000 MCP
DBA 2nd edition, chapter 13, setting up a master and
target server. I have a default and a "mynamedinstance"
of SQL Server 2000.
I have installed SP3. I have Win 2003 Enterprise in a
VMWare box. All labs but one have completed successfully
(albeit after much effort in some cases.W2k3?)
The servers and their agents use a Domain User account of
SQLService. I have registered and re-registered them,
making them use SQL/Windows authentication, and Windows
Only authentication.
When I walk through the MSX wizard, after my last screen,
I get the following error:
The account 'SELFPACEDSQL\SQLService' is not a valid MSX
account. Contact the MSX administrator to get MSX account
information.
I added SQLService to domain admin and local admin
groups. I created an MSX account, member of Domain
users/admins, local admins.
Do I need to nuke it all, and start over with no SP? Is
that what's doing it? :-(
I searched newsgroups, KBs, you name it, and nothing!
Thank you.
MerylHello
Have you seen http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;811326
J
>--Original Message--
>I just realized my subject line is too LONG! Re-posting
>with shorter line. Sorry all...I won't double-post again!
>Hello.
>I am studying the MS Press book for SQL Server 2000 MCP
>DBA 2nd edition, chapter 13, setting up a master and
>target server. I have a default and a "mynamedinstance"
>of SQL Server 2000.
>I have installed SP3. I have Win 2003 Enterprise in a
>VMWare box. All labs but one have completed successfully
>(albeit after much effort in some cases.W2k3?)
>The servers and their agents use a Domain User account of
>SQLService. I have registered and re-registered them,
>making them use SQL/Windows authentication, and Windows
>Only authentication.
>When I walk through the MSX wizard, after my last screen,
>I get the following error:
>The account 'SELFPACEDSQL\SQLService' is not a valid MSX
>account. Contact the MSX administrator to get MSX account
>information.
>I added SQLService to domain admin and local admin
>groups. I created an MSX account, member of Domain
>users/admins, local admins.
>Do I need to nuke it all, and start over with no SP? Is
>that what's doing it? :-(
>I searched newsgroups, KBs, you name it, and nothing!
>Thank you.
>Meryl
>
>.
>|||Hi.
Yes, I did. But it refers to updating MSX and TSX servers
to SP3. Not the other way around.
In other words, I installed SQL server, upgraded to SP3,
THEN tried to create the MSX.
'
Thank you!
ML
>--Original Message--
>Hello
>Have you seen http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
>scid=kb;en-us;811326
>J
>>--Original Message--
>>I just realized my subject line is too LONG! Re-posting
>>with shorter line. Sorry all...I won't double-post
again!
>>Hello.
>>I am studying the MS Press book for SQL Server 2000 MCP
>>DBA 2nd edition, chapter 13, setting up a master and
>>target server. I have a default and a "mynamedinstance"
>>of SQL Server 2000.
>>I have installed SP3. I have Win 2003 Enterprise in a
>>VMWare box. All labs but one have completed
successfully
>>(albeit after much effort in some cases.W2k3?)
>>The servers and their agents use a Domain User account
of
>>SQLService. I have registered and re-registered them,
>>making them use SQL/Windows authentication, and Windows
>>Only authentication.
>>When I walk through the MSX wizard, after my last
screen,
>>I get the following error:
>>The account 'SELFPACEDSQL\SQLService' is not a valid
MSX
>>account. Contact the MSX administrator to get MSX
account
>>information.
>>I added SQLService to domain admin and local admin
>>groups. I created an MSX account, member of Domain
>>users/admins, local admins.
>>Do I need to nuke it all, and start over with no SP? Is
>>that what's doing it? :-(
>>I searched newsgroups, KBs, you name it, and nothing!
>>Thank you.
>>Meryl
>>
>>.
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment