Friday, March 30, 2012

Norton Internet Security & SQL Server

Hi,

Just installed Norton Internet Security on an XP workstation that also has
SQL Server on it.

I now find that I cannot access SQL Server and multiple messages are being
issued by NIS.

When I switch off the Firewall & Intrusion Detection I can access SQL
Server.

Does anyone know how to configure NIS so that I can use it alongside SQL
Server?

Thanks,

Mike.Uytkownik "Mike Stogden" <news@.uniquest.demon.co.uk> napisa w wiadomoci
news:bhaolh$i5i$1$8300dec7@.news.demon.co.uk...
> Hi,
> Just installed Norton Internet Security on an XP workstation that also has
> SQL Server on it.
> I now find that I cannot access SQL Server and multiple messages are being
> issued by NIS.
> When I switch off the Firewall & Intrusion Detection I can access SQL
> Server.
> Does anyone know how to configure NIS so that I can use it alongside SQL
> Server?
Hi, try this:

permit UDP OUT and IN protocol for

SQL Server Service Manager (sqlmangr.exe)
SQL Server Windows NT (sqlserver.exe)

And TCP OUT and IN protocol for

SQL Tracing Tool (profiler.exe)
ISQL (isqlw.exe)

from any adress:any port and this should work, and then try fit your rules
to be more security

best regards
Marcin D

No comments:

Post a Comment