Friday, March 30, 2012

not a trusted connection

I never had this problem between two WIN2k servers.
I have a new Win2003(XP) server with SQL 2000 and an old Win2k server
with SQL 7. I'm trying to run a query for data from a table on 7 joined
to a table on 2000 inserting into a table on 2000.
Regardless of which server hosts the query I get an error about user
'null' not being a trusted SQL server connection. Same error whether I
run the query in QAnalyser or DTS.
I have admin rights on both servers and both DBMs.
I DON'T have a domained network; windows networking. Since I've done
things between the 7 server and my dev server (W2k/SQL2000) I'm guessing
it's something to do with a stricter W2003 and seperate, but same
username, identities on each local machine.
Can anybody tell me what the next step is?
thx
md
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***Not a lot of information on the error but I'm guess you are
using a linked server that is set up to use the current
users security context. And you are logging into SQL Server
using windows authentication.
It's not clear from which box you are initiating this from.
Even if it was initiated from SQL 2000, sounds like you
would still need to use a SQL login for the linked server.
-Sue
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:58:37 -0700, M D <mardukes@.aol.com>
wrote:

>I never had this problem between two WIN2k servers.
>I have a new Win2003(XP) server with SQL 2000 and an old Win2k server
>with SQL 7. I'm trying to run a query for data from a table on 7 joined
>to a table on 2000 inserting into a table on 2000.
>Regardless of which server hosts the query I get an error about user
>'null' not being a trusted SQL server connection. Same error whether I
>run the query in QAnalyser or DTS.
>I have admin rights on both servers and both DBMs.
>I DON'T have a domained network; windows networking. Since I've done
>things between the 7 server and my dev server (W2k/SQL2000) I'm guessing
>it's something to do with a stricter W2003 and seperate, but same
>username, identities on each local machine.
>Can anybody tell me what the next step is?
>thx
>md
>*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***

No comments:

Post a Comment