Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NoRows Property in RS2005

Is the NoRows property of a Data Region broken in Reporting Services 2005?
I have set the message to be displayed for both subreports and tables and
the message is never displayed when the data set is empty. It used to work
in RS2000.
Thanks,
TomHi Tom,
Welcome to use MSDN Managed Newsgroup Support.
I have tested on my side. The NoRows Property works fine in SQL Reporting
Service 2005. One thing to note is that, if you put a table in a
dataregion, you can only get the NoRows Message defined in the dataregion,
not the one in table.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Wei Lu,
The NoRows property is available for both my table & included subreports,
however, in the case of the subreports, they still process even if the
NoRows property is set & the data set is empty.
As I said in my previous post:
I have tried setting the NoRows property for both the subreport and the
table but neither works. That's what prompted me to ask if NoRows is broken
in RS2005.
The documentation clearly states "When the dataset for a data region returns
no data, the data region is not rendered. Instead, a text box is rendered
that displays the value of the NoRows property." and just as clearly, it
doesn't work for me.
Tom
"Wei Lu" <t-weilu@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ZZf44cVTGHA.1952@.TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Tom,
> Welcome to use MSDN Managed Newsgroup Support.
> I have tested on my side. The NoRows Property works fine in SQL Reporting
> Service 2005. One thing to note is that, if you put a table in a
> dataregion, you can only get the NoRows Message defined in the dataregion,
> not the one in table.
> Sincerely,
> Wei Lu
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> ==================================================> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> ==================================================> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>|||Hi Tom,
I have tested in my side. It still works fine for subreport.
Here is my steps:
1. I create a report named Report1. Query data from a datasource, and put
the data in a table. I did not set the NoRows Property.
2. I create a report named Report2. Add a subreport control. And then I
set the ReportName as Report1 and NoRows Property to "Test".
3. I delete all the data in the database so that there will be no data in
the datasource.
4. I deploy the report to the report server and when I access the Report2,
it shows "Test" correctly.
Would you please check this in your side and tell me the result?
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment