Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Northwind database extra SQL needs

I have asked for the following questions and I need your advises.

Utilizing the Northwind database suppied with SQL Server, create SQL to
solve each of the exercises listed.

1.I want to contact all customers who have received over $1,000 in
discounts on orders this year. Give me the name and phone number of the
person to contact at the customers site. Also, list the orders where
the total discount was greater than $100. Remember, discount is a
percentage of the price.
2.Give me a list of suppliers and products where we do not have the
stock on hand to fill the orders to be shipped. List out the customer
and order information for each of the products involved.
3.Give me a list of all orders that were shipped after the required
date for the week of Jan 7, 2001. I want to know the name of the
employees that were responsible for the orders.
4.We are having a golf tournament and I need some prizes. Give me a
list of the top 5 shippers by dollar amount in the last year.

5.Some customers are taking us for a ride on shipping. Give me a list
of customers and the orders involved where more than of their orders
are being shipped to a region other than their home region.

Please advise ...thanks a lotOn 7 Jul 2006 12:29:00 -0700, soalvajavab1@.yahoo.com wrote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by

>I have asked for the following questions and I need your advises.
>
>Utilizing the Northwind database suppied with SQL Server, create SQL to
>solve each of the exercises listed.


(snip)

Quote:

Originally Posted by

>Please advise ...thanks a lot


Hi soalvajavab1,

If you're following a SQL course, my advise is to review the lessons
yoou have trouble with. If you then still have trouble solving these
puzzles, ask your teacher for more explanation. And if you need help on
some specific issues, come back here - just don't ask us to provide
complete solutions for your homework.

If I would provide the answers for you to copy straight away, you
wouldn't learn to solve these issues by yourself. That will bite you
when you sit an exam without internet access. Or when you're in your
first job and it turns out that your graduation certificate isn't worth
the paper it's printed on.

--
Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP|||(soalvajavab1@.yahoo.com) writes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by

3. Give me a list of all orders that were shipped after the required
date for the week of Jan 7, 2001. I want to know the name of the
employees that were responsible for the orders.


Hey, that's an easy one! There are no orders for 1999 or later in
Northwind...

For the rest, I echo Hugo's reply. We don't mind helping people here, but
we don't do your homework.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment