Friday, March 30, 2012

Norton Antivirus / SQL Server

I have a Windows 2003 Server STD box with SQL Server 2000 STD on it. I want
to install Norton Antivirus Corporate. Are there any Norton/SQL issues that I
need to be aware of? (ie. folders to exclude, performance issues).
Exclude all SQL data, log, and backup file folders. Limit access to these
folders as much as possible through NTFS permissions. Do not use any AV
product from any vendor on a clustered SQL Server.
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"Dan" <Dan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0D69F483-0A5C-4A9A-AFD2-831BEDE16BFA@.microsoft.com...
>I have a Windows 2003 Server STD box with SQL Server 2000 STD on it. I want
> to install Norton Antivirus Corporate. Are there any Norton/SQL issues
> that I
> need to be aware of? (ie. folders to exclude, performance issues).
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment