Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Northwind database

I have to do an exercize where i am using Northwind sample database. I am normally accustomed to linking to a database on another server. Is there a way i can just include the Northwind database to my project. In general, I need to find out how to link to the Northwind db so I can start querying and processing data. thanks for your helpIf I remember correctly there are only 13 tables in it and a few stored procs so register the server with Northwind installed and generate the create table statements and execute them in a test database and do the same with the stored procs and then decide how to integrate it into your project. Hope this helps.|||

Thanks for the feedback. I just downloaded and installed Northwind database but i cannot find it on my machine and after looking in Programs folder where i believed it would be located (it does not give exact location during install, just says something like "looking on C drive to see if you have enough space to install this") I cannot find it there.

My main question is how to locate Northwind and how to connect it to my project using Server Explorer. I need to do this for a demo project.

thanks.

|||

I don't think it is a good idea to Demo Northwind without getting to know it. I have two links that covers how you can install it. Hope this helps.

http://blogs.msdn.com/smartclientdata/archive/2005/11/02/488258.aspx

http://www.whiteknighttechnology.com/cs/blogs/brian_knight/archive/2006/01/06/67.aspx

sqlcmd -E -S computerName\SqlExpress -i instnwnd.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment