Monday, February 20, 2012

no template to create a dtsx project in BIDS

i have sql server 2005 dev and bids installed. i want to create a dtsx package, but when i go to File>new>project the template to create an interogation services package is not there. the template for Olap projects is missing also. it used to be present before i upgraded my system to Vista. Could this be a vista issue or do i just need to install a patch or something simple like that?

Hi,

Maybe, you should check that you have installed the Software Development Kit, not just the BIDS from the client components.

Regards,

Janos

|||Have you tried reinstalling?|||i have. when i click on the help menu and "about visual studio" where it shows all components that are installed. the integration components are there.|||

Have you got files like BusinessIntelligenceProjects.vsdir and DataTransformationsProject.vsz in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Business Intelligence Projects

I don't really know how the IDE packages are enumerated and loaded, but that may be a start. Vista itself is not an issue, but I only use fresh installs not upgrades, but I'm sure somebody must have done this successfully.

Probably the simplest thing to do is run setup and repair the install, and failing that just remove and reinstall SQL.

|||yes. that directory you mention exists, as do the .vsz and vsdir files. my installataion of vista was fresh, from the ground up, not an upgrade.|||

Below is the link I used to add the BI projects into BIDS. I hope it helps solve your issue as well.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1479938&SiteID=1

|||

i tried this, and although it didnt help my suituation, i found that when i click on Projects, in the "what settings to import" menu, the only projects there are Vb Defaults and VSC++ Project settings. could it be that my settings file is incorrect. could someone export and send me on a settings file , where they can create all BIDS projects? I would like to try to import that.|||got a settings file off a workmate who can access all BIDS templates. Imported it but no luck. Reinstalled all SQL SServer client side tools but still not working. this is rediclious. Thinking I might just go back to win XP and to h*ll wth Vista, unless anyone else has any more solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment